Long before the earliest European settlers arrived, native peoples tilled the rich soils of the Rondout Valley, a fertile floodplain stretching from Kingston to Ellenville, between the Catskill Mountains and the Shawangunk Ridge. Today the Rondout Valley yields over 17 million pounds of food each year – plus flowers and herbs, nursery stock and Christmas trees, livestock and horse farms, and much more.
Our Local Farmers and Growers
• Provide us with high-quality, fresh, safe, local food
• Preserve local agricultural open space
• Protect the Valley’s fertile agricultural soils
• Raise livestock for food, work and recreation
• Connect farms to schools and children
• Reduce our carbon footprint
• Increase the health and well-being of the community
The Rondout Valley Growers Association (RVGA) supports our farming community – a diverse array of over 60 farms from 13th-generation families to newcomers. We are supported in our mission by local businesses, residents and the community to:
• Strengthen farms and our local economy
• Support innovative farming practices
• Help bring food security to underserved populations
• Build community among farmers, and between farmers, neighbors, schools and beyond
• Educate, celebrate and advocate about the importance of local food and local farms
Farming couple Jennifer and Keith Duarte are the proud owners of Damn Good Honey Farm, our March Featured Growers. Founded in 2015, Damn Good Honey Farm’s mission is to increase the number of people working with bees and awareness of the challenges they face today. Read on to learn more about Keith and Jennifer’s farming … Continue reading Living The Sweet Life – Damn Good Honey Farm
Posts not found
BOOKMARK THIS LINK AND SUPPORT RVGA ONLINE WITH A DONATION FOR HUDSON VALLEY GIVES! Special 24 hr online donation challenge Wednesday, May 17th, midnight to 11:59 am https://www.hvgives.org/organizations/rvga-inc-rondout-valley-growers-association Support RVGA on Hudson Valley Gives day of giving this Wednesday, May 17th Hudson Valley Gives is an annual, 24- hour long online event seeking to harness the power … Continue reading Hudson Valley Gives: On May 17th, Show Your Support Online for RVGA and Other Local Nonprofits!
Volunteering is a great way to support Rondout Valley farmers and our mission. Find out more by visiting our volunteer page.